Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Ramblings...just ramblings.

I shall begin with the number 2...
That's the number of times I washed the same set of clothes. Why? Cause of the rain...which seems to fall every afternoon. I've contrived that the heavens are against me. Everytime I leave the laundry out to dry, the rain falls.
And just when I happen to go home...the sun comes out in a blistering blaze of glory...leaving me to regret not drying my clothes in the hostel.
Well...on hindsight, I suppose I've reached a stage where I can whine about laundry.
Step 1 to being a house-husband completed...

*Please...just let my undies dry THIS TIME...

So here's the 3rd entry of my prestigious blog...
Started writing cause I got fed up with assignments.
Seriously lost man...sometimes dunno what I do all these for.
I suspect I might regret joining teaching...so much admin and paperwork.
But I've always like interacting with people...especially kids. I like to make them laugh.
Hmmm... I think I should be a professional clown.

Lost as I may be...I'd like to reflect that a new inspiration has come to my life as well.
Funny thing called love...strikes you when you least expects it.
Leaves you breathless.
So amidst all the confusion and turmoil...at least a few things still remain clear...and I am grateful.

"i find peace when im confused.i find hope when im let down.not in me, in You.its in You.Hope to lose myself for good.i hope to find it in the end.not in me, in You.In You." -Switchfoot

And there's family. Eccentric ol' mum of mine and one silent cranky dad...and a dear sister who's coming back for a wedding ceremony in 2 weeks. And the whole kampung...cousins, aunties, uncles, nieces and nephews. Sometimes...weekends with you guys truly keeps me sane. There is no greater comfort then returning to the warm embrace of a loving family. Thanks folks for making it all special.

And there's friends. Dear ol' Jon once said meeting up was like "touching base"...a return to roots...a warmth shared by a common bond. How true. Missing you peops of the 14th SC.
Some friends I dun meet for ages...but we can meet in 5min and it will seem like time has not changed a thing. Kie Hian, Kar Hoe, Wee Keat to name a few. Happy to grow old with you guys.
Shared experience...stupid moments in camp...they belong to a select bunch of individuals from HQ 21 SIB. Wonder when we'll meet for soccer again...seems so long already.
The pounding of the ball...and tok kok sessions on cool saturday evenings and hot sunday afternoons. Cheers to the basketball fellas as well.
Last but not least ODAC...for 4 years of academic life...and a whole lot of crapping, singing, camping, cheering, hiking and EATING! Looking back...its been such a wonderful journey. Thank you for standing by my side.

And to many more I have met along the journey. Thank you for your contributions on each step of the way.

Hahaha....just realised I kinda sounded suicidal there.
No no...just appreciating family, friends and a special someone on a cool tuesday morning.
Nothing wrong ok...I've got dreams to chase still...I am not COMPLETE...

Ok...ramblings stop here.

No comments: