Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Narcissist and the origins of eunene...

Yah...I'm a narcissist.
So sue me...this is MY BLOG you looking at.

Anyway...in Singapore (where I'm from)...
"Narcissus" is a my favourite brand of button mushrooms...

ok no bloody relation. Go figure.

In any case...do admire Eu Neh Neh below.
That's how most of the NTU Outdoor Adventure friends pronounce eunene...
But I dun mind being called Eu Nee Nee as well...

tomato : "toe-may-toe"... "ta-mah-toe"...
potato : "po-tay-to"... "pa-tah-to"...
eunene : "eu nee nee"... "eu neh neh"... [shrugs]


Eu neh neh rulez!!! Posted by Hello

I think I should explain "eunene"...and its origins.
Way way way back in 1995...when the internet was still a fledgling and before the whole dot.com bubble...
I signed up for a Pacific Internet account. Back then this was HUGE...and pretty expensive too.
So anyways...me and my sister had to think of an email address...
My sister being Eunice and me being Eugene...we came up with some possibilities...

euneug... nicegene... etc etc. (@pacific.net.sg)

somehow, the other names were taken...and so I just wrote eunene@pacific.net.sg at the sign up counter. Lo and behold... "eunene" was born!

After that...I had to spend some time persuading my sister that this was the right email name for us. Not to mention I stood to gain the most from this name...coz out of six letters in eunene...5 of them are mine. Heh heh...

In any case...the name stuck. Her frens call her eunene too...and so do my friends.

Next...we are lobbying to make "eunene" an official word in the English vocab.

Stay tuned...and don't you dare EUNENE with me or I will EUNENE you upside down...

2 comments:

eunene said...

omg that is my real name and i never saw it before...wow !

Anonymous said...

i truthfully enjoy your own writing way, very attractive,
don't quit as well as keep penning since it just simply well worth to read it,
impatient to find out way more of your current content pieces, stunning day!