Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Trying again...

I was never one to make new year's resolutions. I'd try...and I'd fail.
There would be stuff I wanted to do or change...and I'd get them done, or that'd be stuff I couldn't accomplish for reasons whatsoever. The funniest and most interesting bits are doing stuff you never knew you would be doing at the start of the year. As for the unaccomplished tasks, I would disappoint myself in failing to meet my own expectations. It's a horrible feeling. And after a few years of trying...I gave up altogether on resolutions.

So...I give up on expectations...and instead go about life with a "Take-it-as-it-comes" attitude. I choose my feelings as I live the year. I'm happy...I am sad. There is no expectation of what the year ahead will be. It kinda makes me ready for anything that happens. And its rather exciting...kinda like living on the edge.

Frankly, its also double-edge. Because there is this inherent lack of structure. Or a lack of motivation to do something meaningful. (the counter argument is that I keep finding meaning in a lot of stuff I do anyways!...but that's for another day of musing)

I've been thinking a lot. And I realise...I gotta start planning somehow. To maybe try again...and start with new perspectives or just "refresh" the page...you know. After a while...I start feeling aimless...and it scares me to the bone. It really does.

Having a blog makes it interesting as well. I could post it up...and review it as the year goes by. There's also the pressure from YOU, the avid reader, friend and relative, who will probably see this...and start making fun of me. And I will have to take it in my stride...because I wanted to share this in the first place. In the end...YOU'd probably help me achieve what I wanted to...by encouragement or taunt. Heh heh.

I won't call them RESOLUTIONS. Cause resolution sounds "resolute", like I couldn't review and modify if necessary. Instead...I present in a series of blog posts...

"THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2007"

Stay tuned...

No comments: