Monday, July 27, 2009

The world has changed once again.

The first time I heard this song...I was probably 15.
14 years later...the full meaning of its lyrics finally resonate in me.

My world imploded recently and I'm a little lost.

It's gonna be long while till I am back again. It is the single worst feeling ever. And I wish there was something I could do about it. But I can't. And it is beyond me now.

You say, I only hear what I want to

And you say, I talk so all the time, so

And I thought what I felt was simple

And I thought that I don't belong

And now that I am leavin'

Now I know that I did somethin' wrong'

Cause I missed you

Yeah yeah, I missed you

And you say, I only hear what I want to

I don't listen hard, don't pay attention

To the distance that you're running

To anyone, anywhere

I don't understand if you really care

I'm only hearing negative, no no no, bad

So I, I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up

And this woman was singin' my song

Lover's in love and the other's run away

Lover is cryin', 'cause the other won't stay

Some of us hover when we weepin' for the other

Who was dying since the day they were born, well

Well, this is not that I think that I'm throwing

But I'm thrown

And I thought I'd live forever

But now I'm not so sureYou try to tell me that I'm clever

But that won't take me anyhow

Or anywhere with you

And you said that I was naive

And I thought that I was stronger

I thought, hey I can leave, I can leave

Oh but now I know that I was wrong

'Cause I missed you

Yeah, I missed you

You said, "You caught me

'Cause you want me"

One day you'll let me go

You try to give away a keeper

Or keep me 'cause you know

You're just so scared to lose

And you say, "Stay"

And you say, I only hear what I want to

No comments: