Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Coming full circle

It's funny how some things seem to come back to you. Full circle...
Inane happenings or a curious chain of events or an innocuous purchase...

Last night I went out looking for a cheap watch. Needed one to do the Army Half Marathon 21km. I have a timex, but the strap broke and it will take a week to replace according to the agent I called. My other watches are either too new or not suitable to the rigours of a hot, sweaty run.

So off I went to Mustafa - that amazing provision mama-shop gone wrong. I had a CASIO in mind...one of those "Terrorist-bomb" models. It's cheap, has a stop watch function and is often used by terrorist to fashion bombs. Hence the moniker...ha!

Lo and behold...look what I found for $15! (amazingly cheap Jap tech)






















A sweet uber-retro Casio with Time, alarm and Stop-watch. Water resistant no less.

You gotta hand it to the guys at CASIO. They've got a way of making everything function for real value. Nowadays, its not so fashionable...maybe some of the G-shock range.

What's this thing about coming full circle? Well...if memory serves me well. This was like my first watch when I was 8-9 years old. I guess I was a tad nolstagic when I saw it last night.

Yup. Brings me back to when I was a 'wee' chap. And now I hope it will serve me well...as that cheap stopwatch I can totally trash for my runs.

The runs are still on track. This sunday...its the Singapore Bay Run...21km!
Flagging off at 530am. I hope to complete under 3hours. Best timing should be 2hr 45min.

Here's the route:-



Wish me luck folks. Think if you come at 830...can see me cross the line...hahaha.
I promise I will not collapse and start rolling across it...
Must cross with style...

No comments: